Monday 13 September 2010

NY Fashion Week

I have loved reading the tweets from New York City this September! All the hype about NYFW is getting me mega excited to be involved in LFW!! I have been hooked on Vogue.com all week to get sneaky peeks at the new collections for S/S 2011...and i must say it all looks pretty exciting!!! 

A few of my favourites so far have been...

Diane Von Furstenburg- Im loving the use of print and bright bold colours.
Rag & Bone- This is one of my favourites! I love the straps and sports element throughout the collection.
Alexander Wang- I love the sports edge and the layered use of fabrics.
Bersoni- I would like this for next years summer holiday!

Peter Som- I love the use of the orange jacket to contrast the other geometric patterns.
Thakoon- Love the meshed fabrics.
Its been pretty impressive, seen some great trends coming through on the catwalk and can already not wait for my 2011 summer wardrobe!

OHH & I have to add my opinion on Victoria Beckham's new collection for NYFW...pretty average, some cute body-con silhouettes but nothing we haven't seen before, sorry Vic.

Also...Chanel's new SoHo store has been a nice edition to fashion week, as of course this means party time...OH and gorgeous garms. Heres a few of my favourite pictures from the stores opening night (thanks to vogue.com!)

Chanel Iman- Cute sparkles
Daisy Lowe- LOVE THIS LOOK!
Liv Tyler- Great jumpsuit!
Karl Lagerfeld- GENIUS!
Only 4 days to go to LFW...and i will be there amongst the busy busy events and shows! Can't wait.